Medical Assistant - Private Doctors Group
The Doctors Center is now offering New Hire Medical Assistants with experience a $200 Signing Bonus & starting pay ranging between $15 - $18/ Hour with overtime available!
For over 30 years, The Doctors Center has been providing exceptional healthcare services in Jacksonville, Florida. Ranging from Urgent Care to Pediatrics, we provide in-depth medical services for common and acute disease states. We have 4 locations across Jacksonville, covering the North Side, West Side, University area, and South Side!
Our office hours of operations are Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm. One location is open on Saturdays 8am - 1pm with a rotation for coverage as needed.
Our patient base is culturally diverse and many of our practitioners are multilingual / bilingual. Let us know if you are multilingual!
As a Medical Assistant (MA) at The Doctors Center, you will be responsible for providing basic clinical healthcare in patient facing office setting. As a Medical Assistant, you should have good knowledge of patient care including assisting with procedures, taking and recording vital signs, use of computers and Electronic Medical Records (EMR). You should have experience assisting in front office/receptionist tasks and responsibilities, this will not be your primary focus but you will be expected to offer support with such tasks as needed to keep office operations running smoothly for our patients and care providers.
Essential Responsibilities in this role include:
- Maintain good and positive rapport with the doctor, co-workers, other health providers, and patients.
- Promptly greets patients and people who will enter the clinic.
- Consistently communicates with patients on wait times; provides direction to the next step in the treatment process.
- Provides solutions to patient problems and recognizes and seeks help in emergent/hazardous situations
- Provides timely follow-up regarding lab results.
- Executes follow-up calls with sense of urgency
- Assists Registrars with patient check in/out procedures when necessary.
- Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs and weight, takes brief history, past medical, family and social history, current mediations, allergies and other pertinent historical information as appropriate.
- Assists with procedures directly supervised by the physician.
- Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of the physician.
- Ensures that equipment is in proper working order and reports any malfunctions to the Center Manager or Physician on duty.
- Follows documentation procedures and completes required paperwork related to patient visit.
- Maintains examination room and stocks when assigned to.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and patient confidentiality policies.
- Phlebotomy, injections, medical procedures and laboratory procedures appropriate for level of training under the direction of a physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform drug screens (you will be certified through the clinic)
- Perform audiometric testing
- Perform breath alcohol testing (you will be certified through the clinic)
- Required Skills and Abilities to relay information in a positive method
- Ability to calm upset patients and present a solution to their problems
- Be patient and understanding all the time.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Medical Assistant